Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Megan and Ramsey

I love all the weddings that I have the privilege to be a part of and feel blessed to design flowers for a living. I get so excited to see the process go from vision to reality. One wedding that I was particularly excited to see come together was Megan and Ramsey this past July. Vintage was the theme and all the details were perfect: bow ties for the guys, lace dresses for the girls, St. Paul Hotel...oh so lovely!


For the flowers, our initial inspiration was the lace detail of Megan's dress and the black lace of the bridesmaids' dresses. Megan wanted the flowers to reflect the lacy look and when I suggested hydrangea - she swooned and I knew this was going to be a gorgeous wedding!!

Megan's bouquet was a mix of hydrangea, ranunculus and tuberose...all vintage blooms done in a modern design. Her maids carried three different varieties of hydrangea in green and white.

These photos are courtesy of Erica at Studio 188 Photography . I am so inspired by these shots - Erica captured all the love and romance of the day. Thank you, Erica!








The ballroom at the St. Paul Hotel was adorned with romantic centerpieces in gold vases with hydrangea, roses and seeded eucalyptus. I was once again thrilled to work with MBellish rental company on this wedding with their hurricane pieces simply accented with pink orchids.
















A another fun vintage idea, one large orchid with ribbon - just like they did in 1960! The twist is pinning it to a purse which is nice alternative to a pin-on corsage.






















No comments: